Logan Entertainment Centre offers high-quality live theatre experiences for school children of all ages.
We reserve seats for school bookings – please call 3412 5626 and request a booking form, you can also complete the form online (see link below).
Student tickets $19 plus one free teacher/carer ticket per every 10 paid students.
There are many benefits to incorporating learning through theatre and drama It can assist in developing students’ physical, emotional and social skills by:
- Developing communication skills – verbal and non-verbal
- Building problem-solving skills
- Enhancing creative thinking
- Improving self-esteem
- Encouraging humour, laughter and empathy
Download teacher resources below.
For after hours information email email@example.com
Once you have decided to visit us, we suggest that you check out the information below to ensure your visit is a trouble-free and memorable experience for your students.
- Refer to any educational support materials for the intended performance.
- Discuss aspects of the specific performance.
- Identify likely technical elements (e.g. lighting, sound, set, costume design, smoke/haze)
- Discuss typical theatre etiquettes such as no talking or whispering; remain in your seat at all times and avoid any food or drink consumption in the theatre.
- There are designated bays located at the back of the LEC building with a safe and accessible drop off area for your students.
- Please aim to be at the venue 15-20 minutes before the start of the show.
- Front of House staff will be on hand to assist you with seating the students in their allocated seats.
- You do not need to distribute individual tickets to your students before the performance.
- Arrange a meeting point where your group can assemble after the show.
- Ensure your students have visited the bathroom.
DURING THE PERFORMANCE
- Please ensure all mobile phones, watch alarms or other electronic devices are turned off or on silent.
- In the event of an emergency, please follow any evacuation procedures which will be led by front of house staff.
AFTER THE PERFORMANCE
- Please remember to collect all your belongings before leaving the venue.
- If your students are going to be eating lunch before they leave the venue, there is a large grassed area to the front of the venue or Logan Gardens is just a short walk away. Please make sure all rubbish is disposed of in the bins provided.
We appreciate your assistance in making your visit to the theatre enjoyable for everyone. If you have any questions or would like to discuss any specific needs, please contact the Box Office on 07 3412 5626.
Sign up to ‘Learn with LEC’ E-news
We’ll send you information about learning opportunities, resources and updates on shows for schools.